Download is available at the bottom of this page. Please read the instructions below, otherwise most likely APAflow will not work in your MAC.
Please note that APAflow does not work on Big Sur. Java and Eclipse have some issues in Big Sur. It may take a while to address those issues.
APAflow Installation – MAC
APAflow installation is a two-step process. First you need to install all dependencies (JAVA, Miniconda, Hombrew, lightgbm, and xgboost), and then install APAflow. Unfortunately, due to MAC security restrictions, you have to install the dependencies in MAC. (On Windows, we are able to install APAflow and dependencies for you.)
STEP 1 – INSTALL DEPENDENCIES
- JAVA: Download and install Java Development Kit (use Java SE Development Kit 8u211) https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/javase/javase8u211-later-archive-downloads.html
Open the .pkg and follow the instructions:
- Miniconda: Install Miniconda from https://docs.conda.io/en/latest/miniconda.html
Please select Python 3.8 for 64 bits from the section MacOSX installers.
Open the .pkg and install miniconda in your preferred location:
3. Once the installation is complete, Go to Applications, then go to Utilities and open Terminal (aka bash). If Miniconda was installed correctly the default environment (base) will be displayed.
- Homebrew: Install Hombrew, if not already installed, using the following command:
/bin/bash -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)”
- LightGBM: Install the library lightgbm using the command:
brew install lightgbm
- Finally install the library xgboost using the command:
brew install xgboost
STEP 2 – INSTALL APAflow
Once all the dependencies have been installed you can download and install APAflow.
The installer is a dmg file. Double click the dmg file. Once is opened, drag and drop APAflow into Applications folder.
The first time you open APAFlow it will show a message indicating the application is not signed.
To trust the application, please open it using the right click – open option:
The you will see a window asking for confirmation:
Click on Open.
APAflow will open asking for the Miniconda location:
Click on Browse and find the miniconda3 folder:
The application will prompt a restart message. Press OK to restart the application. After that APAflow will complete the setup creating an environment in Miniconda.
NOTE: PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT IF DEPENDENCIES ARE MISSING, APAFLOW MAY NOT RUN.
Click in the link below to Download APAflow for MAC